Please inform the receptionist if you are a carer/ young carer or are cared for by a family member or friend so we can record this information in your medical records.

If you regulary provide, or intend to provide, a substantial amount of care for a relative, friend or neighbour, you have the legal right to ask for a Carer’s Assessment. This assessment should see whether you are able and willing to provide care. There is no upper age limit on carer’s assessments, you do not have to be living with the person you care for and you do not need to be receiving any benefits for looking after a person.

For further information please contact Gateshead Carers Information Service on  freephone 0800 328 9241 or ask a receptionist at the surgery for a carers information pack.

Gateshead Carers Association
11 Regent Terrace

For Young Carers contact Crossroads Carer Services on  01207 549780 or or at

The Old School
Smailes Lane
Rowlands Gill
NE39 2DB





Comments are closed.